Physical comfort is critical to work effectiveness, satisfaction, and physical and mental well-being. We have singled out key objectives in ensuring comfortable office environments:
- Provide a superior acoustic environment
- Maintain optimal thermal comfort
- Create a high quality visual environment
- Provide furniture and equipment that will enhance worker comfort and performance
Spaces that are; too hot, too cold, too noisy, too dark, too light, have too much glare, restrict the ability of workers to function to full capacity and can lead to lowered job satisfaction and increases in illness symptoms. DB TIPS & RECOMMENDATIONS FOR EMPLOYERS & LANDLORDS.
DELIVER ON A SUPERIOR ACOUSTIC ENVIRONMENT
- Reduce sound reverberation time inside the workplace by specifying sound absorbing materials and by configuring spaces to dampen rather than magnify sound reverberation.
- Provide sound masking if necessary.
- Limit transmission of noise from outside the workplace by implementing sound proof partitioning between work areas and high noise areas inside and outside the building.
- Provide opportunities for privacy and concentration when needed in open plan offices.
- Enclose or separate group activity spaces from work areas where concentration is important.