The beginning of the year can often be slightly stressful: new years resolutions to uphold, the end of the holiday period, and dealing with a couple of extra kilos from lazy lunches! Having an organised space around you is an excellent way to keep your mind calm and focused.
Here are our top 6 tips for giving your office a mini-makeover:
- Declutter your space: having a clear, organised space will work wonders for your mental capacity. Sort through all the junk, throw away what you don’t need, and file any paperwork that doesn’t need to be readily accessible. Having a decluttered work area will also help you focus on the tasks at hand as there are fewer items lying around to distract you!
- Add some art: bring some personality into your workspace with some interchangeable art. Paintings, sculptures, books and ornaments all work wonders to decorate a space and make it feel more inviting.
- Organise your goodies: a place for everything and everything in its place. Arrange your desktop goodies neatly, pop your pens into a pen holder, or grab a white tray to house everything in one place. Your productivity will thank you!
- Adding some greenery: studies have shown that adding plants to your workspace can provide a very large shift to staff spirits, promoting wellbeing and performance. Plants not only ease tension and anxiety but reduce fatigue too. Introducing 1 plant per 3 employees also improves air quality and reduces sickness and absence. Plus, they look beautiful.
- Rearrange the furniture: the simplest DIY hack in the book – simply rearrange everything! Not only will it look like a completely new workspace, but it gives you the chance to clean all those previously hard to reach spots too for a healthier workspace.
- Update your chair: getting a new office chair will not only give your space a mini makeover, but it will be good for your body too! Older chairs tend to lose structure and form, often leading to poor posture when you’re sitting down all day. When you consider that most people spend more time sitting in their office chair than resting in their bed, it’s important to choose one that offers the right level of support to improve your posture and reduce potential back pain.
Need a bit more than a DIY mini-makeover to transform your space? Contact DB Interiors today and book a complimentary consult. We have over 50 years’ experience in office fit-outs, and can design a solution completely unique to your needs.
Oops! We could not locate your form.